Getting started can be tough, but if you approach the task as a series of steps, you will find it easier. Work off-line so that you don’t feel under time pressure and can cut and paste as much as you want.
Why not try the following step-by-step procedure.
1. List everything that might be relevant.
2. Decide what is best to include.
3. Decide on the order to put your points in.
4. Sort out where the supporting detail should come, and what it should be.
5. Write a draft and show it to your adviser. Be prepared for a couple more drafts!
Over the next few weeks we will look at each stage in a little more detail. Look out for Step 1. Coming soon…..